
Year: 1980
Duration: 01:14:28
Directed by: José Bénazéraf
Actors: Paul Bisciglia, Julie Arnold, Magali Llorca
Language: French
Country: France
Also known as: Sesso buffo
Description:Jean de la Fontaine was a
XVIIth century writer. He’s most famous for his fables, often inspired
of Aesop’s, in which he satirized society, using animals as a symbol of
human behaviour. Although the fables were not specifically written for
children, there’s nary a French pupil who hasn’t learned at least one at
school. But La Fontaine also wrote a number of tales of a decidedly
naughty persuasion, and he did it with the same wit as ever, which makes
them delicious.
José Bénazéraf was a XXth century director who worked the whole
spectrum of erotica, from sexy thrillers to hard core porn, and was
something of an intellectual. Sometimes, that last quality made him
boring as hell, such as in Le désirable et le sublime (José Bénazéraf)
but it could also make him delve into classical litterature in order to
produce the little gem that is Les Contes Galants de Jean de la
fontaine.
Why this movie is not here already is beyond me : I found it on a
very obvious blog when I googled the title. The reason I googled the
title is because I saw the reference on the imdb page for Chistiane Jean
who once played Cosette in the 1982 version of Les Misérables, which
happens to be one of my favourite movies and probably too damn good to
be uploaded here. In the La Fontaine/Bénazéraf movie, Christiane Jean
plays a lusty maid and I dare say her talent is more suited to
exploitation than melodrama. And she certainly isn’t the only young lady
to display her charms in this movie. Prominent among the others is
Muriel Montossé, of Jess Franco movies fame.
OK, this is no masterpiece, mostly because of the acting. The
dialogue, whether it’s taken straight from La Fontaine or slightly
rewritten by Bénazéraf, has a definite classical theater feel, and none
of the actors have received classical training (either that or they
were bad at it), so almost nobody can say their lines, but the fault is
counterbalanced by the fine direction, the gorgeous costumes and sets,
and the witty naughtiness of the four tales that the movie adapts. Not
to mention, of course, a lot of nudity, but I think I alluded to that
already.
The last, longest and best of the tales has naked nuns, which ties the movie to the nunsploitation subgenre. Need I say more ?
Screenshots:
get a high quality DVD or Blu-ray:






Posting Komentar